Location: Southeast Asia
Dates: May 26 to July 16, 2021
Setting: Two weeks urban, four weeks rural
Religion: Hinduism and Islam
Internship category: Intercultural Studies, Business, Linguistics
What does a 2021 Southeast Asia mission trip look like?
This trip will give you a wide variety of experiences. You’ll live in a creative-access country and see how teams use both a non-profit organization and a business to gain access to four unreached people groups.
During the first part of your journey, you’ll do some language learning. You’ll also work with a non-profit organization focused on water projects and helping people with disabilities.
The second part, the bulk of your journey, will take you to a beautiful, remote island where farming and mining are the largest industries. This is an island of contrasts:
- Many people here drive cars. But also use horse-drawn carriages.
- Most homes have televisions. But roads are often congested by water buffalo, horses, goats or cows.
- Just about everyone has a mobile phone and a Facebook account. But the electricity routinely goes off throughout the day.
- The religious ceremonies here usually include both an Islamic leader and a witch doctor.
Here you’ll have the opportunity to live with the locals, experience what their lives are like, and enjoy a variety of adventure activities. Think surfing, spearfishing, rock climbing, and caving. You’ll also learn the long-term approach we use to share the good news, with opportunities to practice what you learn every day.
Ready for an adventure? Visit shemahtours.com for more details.
2021 Southeast Asia Trip Activities (subject to change)
- Learn some conversational language and be using it right away
- Experience front-line ministry in an Islamic and Hindu environment
- Join a non-profit organization serving the community through water projects and aid for those with disabilities
- Participate in an adventure tour surfing, climbing, trekking, and caving
- Learn the long-term strategies for sharing and implement what you learn every day
- Establish relationships with the people and pray for them
* Destination is subject to visa approval through this country’s embassy.