What would your 2022 mission trip look like?
This trip will give you a wide variety of experiences. You’ll live in a creative-access country in Southeast Asia and see how teams use both a non-profit organization and a business to gain access to four unreached people groups.
During the first part of your journey, you’ll do some language learning. You’ll also work with a non-profit organization focused on water projects and helping people with disabilities.
The second part, the bulk of your journey, will take you to a beautiful, remote Southeast Asian island where farming and mining are the largest industries. This is an island of contrasts:
- Many people here drive cars, but also use horse-drawn carriages.
- Most homes have televisions, but roads are often congested by water buffalo, horses, goats or cows.
- Just about everyone has a mobile phone and a Facebook account. But the electricity routinely goes off throughout the day.
- The religious ceremonies usually include both an Islamic leader and a witch doctor.
Here you’ll have the opportunity to live with the locals, experience what their lives are like, and enjoy a variety of adventure activities. Think surfing, spearfishing, rock climbing and caving. You’ll also the approach the long-term team uses to share the good news and have opportunities to practice what you learn every day.
Ready for an adventure? Visit shemahtours.com for more details.
* Destination is subject to visa approval through this country’s embassy.
2022 Edge Trip Activities
- Learn some conversational language and be using it right away.
- Experience front-line ministry in a Muslim and Hindu environment.
- Join a non-profit organization serving the community through water projects and aid for those with disabilities.
- Participate in an adventure tour surfing, climbing, trekking and caving.
- Learn the long-term strategies for sharing and implement what you learn every day.
- Establish relationships with the people and pray for them.