Location: South Asia
Dates: Eight weeks, May 27 to July 17, 2020
Internship category: Intercultural Studies
What does a South Asia mission trip look like?
This nation has 5.5 million people. We focus on church planting among a non-native, Muslim minority group. In their home country Sharia law controls them tightly, but not here. We also partner with a local ministry to mobilize, train and send out South Asian church planters. Most of our ministry is in English, which will allow you to plug in right away.
This South Asia mission trip will be an experience of learning while doing. You will choose an area of emphasis for more training and mentoring. Your focus could be prayer. Or making disciples. Perhaps contextualization. Or you can choose to focus on core church-planting activities. Exploring community development is another option.
Though we focus on Muslims, our city is home followers of all the major religions, living together in an urban setting. This makes it ideal for evangelism, but also mobilization and sending.
South Asia Mission Trip Field Activities (subject to change)
- Prayer: Prayer walk and share your faith as you go.
- Discipleship: Help others grow in holiness, especially professing believers. Start accountability groups.
- Contextualization: Learn the worldview of the people. Use oral strategies to share the gospel. Help local believers develop theology. Explore ways to use music, art and storytelling to share biblical truth.
- Church planting: Start and lead discovery Bible studies. Mobilize and equip cross-cultural church planters.
- Community Development: Focus on ministry in a particular neighborhood while learning about their needs.