Location: South Asia
Dates: 10 weeks, May 27 to July 31, 2020
Internship category: Intercultural Studies
What Does a Mission Trip to South Asia look like?
This country is home to one of the largest populations of Muslims in the world, and this city is considered an influential center for Islam in the country.
To get to where you will make your home for the summer, go through narrow streets away from the main roads, surrounded by centuries-old brick walls. There will still be people everywhere; this is where life really happens… off the beaten path, through the maze of alleys that make up the city.
The Spirit is working and preparing the hearts of people here to love and follow Jesus and you have a part in that plan.
Come as followers of Jesus and guests of this culture to learn, grow, love and pray.
There are relatively very few followers of Jesus from this area. We want you to be a part of the Lord’s work to change that.
- Engage in strategic prayer for the unreached peoples living here
- Make friends with local unreached peoples and help connect them to long-term workers
- Learn some language
- Experience the rich cultural heritage
- Become part of a local family or stay at a hostel with other students/young professionals and participate in their lives
- Get a taste of what daily life might look like if you lived here long term
- Discover what life looks like off the beaten path and away from the usual tourist traps
- Help establish a business that allows long-term missionaries to serve here for the long haul
* Destination is subject to visa approval through this country’s embassy.