Location: Israel/South Asia
Dates: Twelve weeks, May 27 to August 14, 2020
What does a Middle East summer mission trip look like?
The Massah Project is designed for young adults to experience the power and the fullness of the gospel in the context of the land of Israel. Then to continue to share the gospel with Israeli Jewish backpackers in South Asia.
Each summer Jews for Jesus brings followers of Jesus to Tel Aviv. Now, for the first time, Jews For Jesus and the Edge will partner in this outreach. Four adventurous Christ-followers will join other American Jewish followers of Messiah via Jews for Jesus.
Together you will engage in Bible study, prayer, worship, Hebrew classes, creative outreach and fellowship. You will brainstorm new ways to reach Israelis for the gospel using design, music, art and the written Word. You’ll also travel through the land of Israel, led by experienced tour guides, to familiar sites as well as those off the beaten track.
After the five weeks in Israel, you’ll travel to various sites in northern South Asia to engage with the Israeli “trekker” community there. You’ll spend five weeks interacting with Israeli backpackers and use what you learned in Israel to share the gospel with them.
Massah will give you an opportunity to grow in your faith in community with Jewish believers. You’ll be empowered and encouraged to use your gifts and life experiences to engage in cross-cultural ministry within a team setting.
2020 Israel Mission Trip Field Activities (subject to change)
- Explore the land of Israel
- Receive teaching and mentoring in Judaism, Jewish history and culture, and how to share your Christian faith with a Jewish person
- Engage in creative forms of evangelism, including the use of art and music
- Study Hebrew
- Live in a community atmosphere in Tel Aviv
- Trek through South Asia to meet and share Christ/Messiah with Israelis there
- Serve God alongside Jewish believers who become your life-long friends