What would your 2022 mission trip look like?
The Czech Republic is one of the most atheist countries in the world. Bible-believing and Christ-following people make up less than 1% of the population.
The Czech Republic is a first-world country and a member of the European Union. It has a stable economy and the lowest unemployment rate in the EU. As a result, most Czechs also enjoy a fairly comfortable standard of living.
The unfortunate side effect of living a relatively comfortable life is that most people are unaware of their need for God. Christianity is just not on their radar. In fact, a person who genuinely believes in the God of the Bible and directs his or her life according to biblical precepts is often viewed with disdain or even contempt.
But you can make a difference. A large part of your ministry here will be making connections with people. Meeting and learning to trust a Christian is a significant step for most Czechs. You will be working in areas where Czechs do have needs that you can help meet. For example, since the Czech Republic is a member of the EU, proficiency in the English language is beneficial to Czech people.
You will be teaching English classes and tutoring Czechs. Through that, you will have the opportunity to build relationships. Many Czechs also enjoy exercise and activity, so ministry centering on sports and outdoor activities can give you a chance to connect with unbelievers.
2022 Edge Trip Activities
- Study the basics of the Czech language.
- Participate in English day camps for children and teenagers.
- Assist with a scouting-type camp for children and teenagers.
- Help with English-language intensive weeks for adults.
- Connect with Czech teenagers/adults at a sports day camp.
- Gain exposure to the broader ministries of the Czech team in various regions of the country.