What would your 2022 mission trip look like?
More than 200 million Turkic Muslims span Central Asia.
Reaching Turkic Muslims is often described as drinking 200 million cups of tea. If you love God, are willing to get your hands dirty in a rural area and don’t mind drinking lots of tea, we invite you to live among a Turkic people group for a summer.
While this country is religiously free, the community is Muslim. Here birth dictates what a person is supposed to believe, but often people have never thought deeply about spiritual things. Their idea of a good life includes marrying well, having a big house, a good job and a fancy car. Few people have met a Christian who actually reads the Bible or has a personal relationship with God.
For the long-term missionary team here, sharing Jesus isn’t just about what they say, it is about how they live. To the best of their ability they live like the people here, join them in work, weddings, funerals, eating sunflower seeds on the side of the streat, drinking endless cups of tea and participating in everyday life.
We invite you to help them build bridges into new neighborhoods by teaching English, apprenticing at a print shop, partnering with local women to grow their hand craft business, playing pick-up games of soccer and, of course, drinking tea.
2022 Edge Trip Activities
- Teach conversational English to children grades 4-12 in the town and surrounding villages.
- Stay with a host family.
- Do language and cultural learning with a language helper and host family.
- Apprentice in an on-demand digital print shop.
- Prayer walk.
- Do photography for a handicraft business.
- Participate in team life.
- Observe local church meetings.
- Go sight-seeing.
- Hang out on the soccer field/outside in the neighborhood in the evenings.