Dates: 8 weeks, May 26 to July 16, 2021
Religion: Eastern Orthodox
Internship category: Intercultural Studies
What would your 2021 summer mission trip to Serbia look like?
The people here are proud and strong, but spiritually dead. Today, there are still very few missionaries in the whole country and only a few couples in Belgrade, a city of 2 million.
However, in the past few years, God has been working here. More people have been coming to Serbia, and new church plants are beginning in various parts of Serbia.
We’re excited to see the growth in both numbers and the maturity of the church-plant in south Belgrade. And we’re especially excited to see that the local pastor is beginning to catch on to the vision of church-planting. We’re praying to see daughter churches launched soon. We hope you who come can be part of that.
In the past, the Edge has had an amazing effect on the local churches in Belgrade and other parts of the Balkans. Serbians friends still talk about Edgers from six years ago.
As an Edger, you can expect to make deep relationships with Serbs and serve alongside the long term missionaries.
2021 Summer Mission Trip to Serbia Activities (subject to change)
- Children’s ministry with the local church and missionaries.
- Serbian language classes, taught by a national.
- Prayer walks and scheduled times of prayer.
- Evangelism amongst non-Christians (spending time with them in cafés, the parks, etc.).
- Working and praying with other Serbian Christian students.