Dates: 8 weeks, May 26 to July 16, 2021
Internship category: Intercultural Studies
What would your 2021 Africa summer mission trip look like?
This has been an exciting time for outreach in our city. Several new believers have been bold in their witness, and we have been used to give relational support and Biblical teaching to those who are persecuted.
We want to give you a front-row seat to what God is doing in these believers’ lives.
If you are asking God to lead you to a place that is starved for the gospel and you are ready to embrace the marks of third-world living (such as power outages and water shortage), join us.
If you are wondering what it means to live in a city where African Christians live alongside their Muslim neighbors but sometimes can’t even speak to them because of the language divide, we invite you to Chad.
If you would like to have a taste of the 144 languages that exist in Chad – more than half of which have no portion of God’s Word in their language- join us.
Currently, we are at the very cusp of new house churches beginning to gather. We invite you to see things like the discipleship of a young man who has started three groups that study the Bible. We have invitations to tell Bible stories in at least two homes, and we invite you to help us interact with some of the youth and kids that need attention during the story.
If God pricks your hearts to learn more about these needs, bring your sunscreen, your notebook, and sandals to our home in Chad.
2021 Africa Summer Mission Trip Activities (subject to change)
- Gain culture and language experience.
- Visit the homes of local people.
- Buy and cook food from the local market with your host.
- Observe the discipleship of local believers.
- Participate in weekly prayer for the city and meetings with the long term team.
- Travel to the edge of the city to see the terrain and livelihood of the people there.
- Teach English, hand out SD cards, or visit the poor.